Welcome to the Understanding and Avoiding Plagiarism Tutorial.
This self-paced workshop provides you with information about what is plagiarism and the different concepts of plagiarism around the world. You will learn how to understand what constitutes plagiarism and how to avoid it in your course papers and projects. The workshop provides instruction on paraphrasing and citational practices.
If your instructor has assigned the tutorial for class credit, please follow the instructions below on how to complete the tutorial and get credit from your instructor.
What you need:
- A stable internet connection
- Use Firefox as your browser. (Other browsers like Chrome or IE may cause errors in Canvas) Download Firefox here for free (Links to an external site.).
- Best viewed on a desktop, laptop, or tablet computer. For mobile devices (iPad, iPhone), make sure is not on silent or the sound may not play.
- To hear the audio you will need speakers or headphones, or you may use the closed-captions
- Consider the time to complete each module (5 modules and quizzes at about 10 minutes each)
- If your professor requires a paper copy of completion, you will need access to a printer
- Enroll in the Understanding and Avoiding Plagiarism Tutorial Canvas Course
- Click the link above to self-enroll the stand-alone Canvas course
- Log-in with your MyCalStateLA username and password
- Click the button to Self-Enroll
- Open the course, or log into Canvas at any time to access the course
- Complete the modules in order as well as the "your information" survey
- Click on the Grades page and submit a pdf or screenshot to your instructor to receive full credit. This will act as your certificate of completion.
If you are having technical difficulties:
- First, check that you are using Firefox as your browser and your internet is stable
- Visit the library for help or,
- Submit a help ticket here