The New York Times Digital Edition (nytimes.com) is now freely available for all current Cal State LA students, faculty, and staff, courtesy of the University Library. Access articles from 1851 - present, interactive graphics, videos, podcasts, digitized images, and more!
1. Go to accessnyt.com to register.
2. Follow the step-by-step instructions to create a new account.
Note: If you are off-campus, you may be prompted to sign in through the library's authentication site using your MyCalStateLA credentials.
3. Make sure to sign up using your Cal State LA email address.
4. After registration is complete, login www.nytimes.com or through the NYT mobile app to start using your free subscription.
View the video below to see a demonstration of the registration process.
If you have an existing paid New York Times subscription with your Cal State LA email:
If you encounter any error messages, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out the New York Times Mobile App!
To use the mobile app:
1. Start by registering for free New York Times access, following the instructions here: Get free access to The New York Times
2. Download the mobile app from your device's app store.
3. Use your new account credentials to log in to the app.