The New York Times Digital Edition (nytimes.com) is now freely available for all current Cal State LA students, faculty, and staff, courtesy of the University Library. Access articles from 1851 - present, interactive graphics, videos, podcasts, digitized images, and more!
1. Go to accessnyt.com to register.
2. Follow the step-by-step instructions to create a new account.
Note: If you are off-campus, you may be prompted to sign in through the library's authentication site using your MyCalStateLA credentials.
3. Make sure to sign up using your Cal State LA email address.
***If you encounter any error messages, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
View the video below to see a demonstration of the registration process.
If you have an existing paid New York Times subscription with your Cal State LA email:
If you encounter any error messages, please email email@example.com.
Check out the New York Times Mobile App!
To use the mobile app:
1. Start by registering for free New York Times access, following the instructions here: Get free access to The New York Times
2. Download the mobile app from your device's app store.
3. Use your new account credentials to log in to the app.