A market analysis is a thorough assessment of a market within a specific industry. You will study the dynamics of your market. Commonly included sections are:
- Macro environment - includes information about the political, economic, social, and technological factors affecting a company, as well as information about the industry in which the company operates
- Market size - discusses current market size as expected growth rate.
- Market trends - discusses the market factors that may affect purchasing behavior.
- Target market analysis - explains which particular population will be the focus of a company's marketing efforts and why the population's characteristics are relevant to the company's marketing plans
- Consumer analysis - discusses demographic, psychographic, and behavioral characteristics of the target market identified above. Search Tips: [your target market] AND (demograph* OR psychograph* OR "consumer behavior")
- Need analysis - explains what needs the target market has and how a company's products and/or services could meet those needs. Target market needs may be identified from the consumer analysis conducted above.
- Competitive analysis - lists a company's major competitors and their marketing strategies. Search Tips: [company name] AND "market* strategy"